Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"'uck 'nort" & "I L'you."

Yes, my daughter can proudly and loudly proclaim, " 'uck 'nort." It is often the first word I hear when waking up in the morning and the last word I hear when going to sleep at night... "Buck Snort." This is the phrase that my dear husband has taught my girl-child to say whenever someone (or she) passes gas.

"I L'you," is probably my favorite phrase I've ever had spoken to me in my life... it is how Eva says "I love you." She also says "Bope," for "soap" and her words for "cheese" and "keys" sound a lot a like. She can tell us when it's dark and when we need to turn on the lights. She loves to say "I'll be right back," only it sounds more like "be ri' back." She tells us that whenever she leaves the room.

So, Eva started back at daycare yesterday. She loved it. I think she really missed going and playing with her friends there. She didn't cry one tiny bit, and then didn't want to leave when I came to get her. There is a world of difference between starting this semester and last semester. In any case, Eva was in a very good mood last night and David and I were rather happy as well.

Update: My mom says that Eva's "Buck Snort" sounds more like "Butt 'nort" than " 'uck 'nort." Also, David says that I should have mentioned that Eva has renamed Enoch to "Knee-Knock," and that chips are called "bips." Also, candy is called "nandy."

I forgot to mention earlier today also, that Eva got her very first step stool today. She has had no end of delight with that thing. We got it for her so that she could wash her hands in the bathroom sink and brush her teeth. Apparantly, it means much more to Eva than that. She carries it around the house (yes, even up and down the stairs) and keeps it ready for a moments impulse. Does the sigh in my voice come across in written word? I must find somewhere new to put those knives, countertops are no longer safe...

No comments: