Last week, mom and I were sitting in the living room watching Eva. (A common past time) Eva got on her hot rod (her little plastic 4 wheeled bike) and started walking it down the hall. That means holding it up by the handle bars and shuffle walking very slowly and awkwardly to propel the bike forward. She hasn't quite figured out the concept of a wheel yet. In any case, she told us that she'd be right back (Be-ri' back.) We asked her where she was going, she said she was going to Walmart (Mall-mart). She shuffled her little hot-rod all the way down the hall, then turned around and shuffled it back. She announced her return and we asked her if she got some juice at Walmart. She said no. So, we asked her what she got there, to which she replied "Cheese." Apparantly this is an important outing to go to Walmart and buy cheese.
On Saturday, David and I took Eva to Grand Forks with us. We went out to eat at a Chinese Buffet, which Eva loves. I had some chicken that I wanted David to try, so I told him it was really good an put a piece on his plate to try. Eva watched that chicken avidly, and with increased agitation, as David finished up what he was eating before he tried the sample I gave him. Finally, she couldn't stand it any longer, picked up that piece of chicken off of his plate and handed it up to David, exclaiming "Really good." Of course David couldn't postpone sampling it after that, so he took a bite. Eva watched it very carefully and as he chewed, told him "mmm num num." (That is what we tell her when we want her to eat something or when we eat her pretend food.) Finally David put back on the plate what was left over and told Eva that yes it was really good. After that, she grabbed what was left and informed the whole world "I try it" and popped it in her mouth. We had no idea how much of a participant she is in conversation. Then later in the car, she didn't like the car seat and shouted "out." I told her that she couldn't get out of the car seat. I heard some rummaging around and then a very disgusted, "Uh Oh... stuck." We informed her she was suppose to be stuck and that she had to live with it.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment