I have been thouroughly enjoying my time off and haven't had time to sit down and post much. I'll try to get caught up here, although I have more holiday pictures of Eva that will show up in the next few days.
Eva had a good Christmas... I talked already about how she liked her presents. She has had a lot of fun playing with them all week. Our church has a New Year's Eve celebration which we took Eva to this year. She loves to party! She spent most of the evening with "poppa Wayne," one of our brothers in Christ and loved every minute of it. She got lots of attention, got to eat lots of food and got doted on all night. She especially loved the run in circles dance she got to take part in with some of the other children. Needless to say, we slept in on New Year's Day.
On thursday, before New Years, our social worker came out for our 6 month follow up visit for Eva. She was shy around a new woman, but did well I think. It's just incredible to think that we're almost to 7 months that we've had her. It's incredible because it feels like it should be longer, I can not imagine my life without her anymore.
This week, I've started back at getting some work done and getting prepared for the spring semester. Today, I have Eva with me here in my office. Right now she is taking a nap while I post. Yesterday, Eva and I had tea at our friend Mei's house. It was a fantastic afternoon. Eva was shy at first, it took her about two hours to warm up... just before we were going to leave for home she finally became comfortable. She has made tremendous progress since we first brought her home and I am very happy that it only took her 2 hours to get used to a new environment. She kept asking for more tea, so I assume she liked it a lot, and she ate all her snacks that she was given... it was slow going at first because she pretty much glued herself to me, but by the time we got home she had declared all the snacks that Mei sent home with us were hers and hers only. She had a fit when David tried a couple of them. She was in a very good mood all evening and it was a lot of fun putting her to bed last night. I got lots and lots of kisses and hugs. I think it helped that I spent the day yesterday just focusing on her and not trying to get other work done. She blossoms under direct and constant attention.
I look behind me and I see that my sweet little girl is waking up from her nap on the floor of my office... I better go.
Friday, January 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment