Friday, January 12, 2007

7 months

Today is the 7 month anniversary of the day that we met and held Eva for the very first time. I told her about it this morning, and that the last 7 months have been the most challenging and incredible months of my life, that I love her without measure and that I can't imagine my life without her. Eva looked up at me, took her finger out of her nose and responded with, "Mommy, snotz ucky." She then tried to wipe on my shirt the booger she had stuck on her left pointer finger. Such sentimentality... I love being a mother.



Our cat, Enoch, likes to sleep on Eva's couch... she doesn't like it. She throws a fit, wakes him up and informs him that it is hers, "mine" and that he must immediately leave. Eva is just a tad bossy. She tells her granny where she is suppose to sit and what she is suppose to eat. Mrs. J at daycare told me yesterday that before story time, Eva went and got a chair for her son (who is almost 3) and brought it over to where she thought it should be and instructed him to sit down on it. When he got his own chair, she threw a fit. She apparantly thinks she knows what is best and of course everyone else must comply. It reminds me eerily of my older sister, Kathy, when she was younger. My mom says that she talks non-stop just like Kathy did also.




When David comes home from work, he gets the newspaper, lounges back on the couch or the chair and reads it. You can get an idea of exactly what he looks like when he's doing it if you look at the pictures above of Eva copying him. She enjoyed that particular advertisement flyer for several days. She watches her daddy get out the paper, then she runs over to her couch, gets her flyer, lays back and looks at it, turns the pages and exclaims over the pictures. She peeks over at baba to make sure he's still reading his paper and as long as he reads so does she. She even gets the same expression on her face that he gets on his... you can see this really well in the first picture.








Eva's world revolves around food. It has been this way since we first met her seven months ago. She has taken to feeding everyone else a lot recently. The cats particularly enjoy Eva for this. That is before, she kicks them out of their comfortable position. In any case, she doesn't eat as much as she did before, and I have a sneaking suspicion that her wanting to feed everyone else is actually just an extension of her innate bossy nature. But, I love it, and at least she hasn't tried to feed me one of her boogers yet. I guess I can't complain too much that she just wants to wipe them on my shirt.

No comments: