Monday, August 10, 2009

Eva went fishing


Grandpa took Eva fishing today. We had a lot of equipment issues and spent a lot of time untangling lines and getting things to work. My reel decided not to act like a reel. But, Grandpa expected that so he took us somewhere where we wouldn't get in anyone's way and where we really didn't expect to catch anything. Eva refused to touch the worms. She wouldn't even sit on the bench that the bucket of worms were sitting on. Some kind of "pretend boy" she makes. Grandpa did actually catch a fish (about 3 inches long); I don't know if you'd really call it a fish or a large minnow. I gutted it out fried it up for Eva. She ate it for lunch and said it was good. She was very worried that it was going to jump itself out of the bed of the truck on the way home and kept telling Grandpa to drive slowly. I think we have some work to go on teaching her how to fish, or at least not to be afraid of the worm bucket.

No comments: