Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day one of drive home

I only made it 390 miles today, but I don't care. We got a later start, and I am exhausted. Eva is currently taking a bath, and I am decompressing. So, I figured out what pasties are (pronounced "pass-tees" not "paste-tees"). And no, they're not stripper attire. In fact they are in essense a chicken pot pie. It is a thin dough, filled with potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, meat, etc. I hated it. Ick! Eva and I decided to eat snacks for lunch and save our pasties for Ba Ba. Maybe if I put enough salt on it, it would be barable. However, definitely NOT something I'm going to purchase again. So, we're in Escanaba tonight. We ate dinner at a "family" restaurant called Drifters. Again, not a place I'd recommend. We chose it because it was easy to locate. It was not good food. Although Eva liked her dinner. She got plain spaghetti noodles with butter and parmesan cheese. Tell me, is it possible to mess up that dinner? And before you think it, yes there is food and restaurants that I like... many of them. We just didn't encounter any today. What I really want is one of David's grilled steaks. I wonder what Iwill have to do to get him to make me one.

Eva and I are going to sleep early tonight. I should re-phrase that... I am going to sleep early tonight, I'm not sure what Eva's going to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristel;

Granny bought rib eye steaks at Sam's club for me to cook for your homecoming..Hope that spurs you to get home quicker.

Miss you and Eva so much can't wait for your guys to be home.

Love You
David