Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Eva & Baba

I have dance on Monday nights, so Eva spends every Monday with Baba. I love coming home and hearing stories of their evening together. For example, last night Baba sent Eva upstairs to get a cup so she could have a little of his iced tea. She was up there a while, and quiet, so Baba decided he should go and check on her. When he got to the top of the stairs, he was greeted by an adorable little girl with a guilty face. In the kitchen, he located the source. She decided to "helping Baba make coffee." She filled his coffee cup 3/4 of the way with creamer and sugar.

Baba also taught Eva some pop-culture. He taught her how to say "How you doin'?" Like the Joey character on Friends. Eva cracked herself up with it, she had so much fun "betending" with Baba. She also had fun making popcorn with Granny and wheedling candy out of both of them with mommy gone.

She went to sleep in her big girl bed again, night four, easily and quickly. She helped me make the bed up how she likes it, get her animals around her and prop up her sippy cups. After her good night story, hug and kiss, she went right to sleep. I didn't even have to stay in the room with her. I couldn't even do that when she slept in our room... she insisted on us sleeping with her. Eva is loving being a big girl, and I can not believe how easy this transition has been. I think that it helped that I included Eva in the process. She helped me move the bed upstairs and put it together and make it up. We talked about it a lot before, during and after. It is something that we did together, not something that was done to her. In any case, she thinks she's such a big girl now that this morning, she took off her pajamas and diaper all by herself and then went poop on the floor of her room. She promptly told me about it. We discussed how if she wants to poop outside her diaper, she can use the potty chair. I tried not to let her see how grossed out I was when I cleaned it up. Ick!

I just had a thought... she's probably going to be really embarrased by that when she's a teenager. It's only fair, really!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please get a picture of her sleeping in her big girl bed. I think those pictures are so cute with these little girls in these big bed! Especially if she has stuffed animals all around her.

Mary