Friday, July 20, 2007

Lady Godiva

Last night before Eva went to sleep, she said something very un-expected. I had read her the book, I love you like crazy cakes, and after it was done she got very sad and told me she wanted her Nanny. I asked, "Do you mean, Granny?" She replied, "No, not Ganny, my nanny in China." I very much did not expect this so young. I told her that she couldn't see her nanny in China because she was too far away. I told her that it was okay to miss her nanny and that her nanny probably missed her too and if she wanted to we could write her a letter and send her a picture of Eva. Eva thought that was a good idea and it was the end of the conversation. But, still I am plagued by doubts and wondering if there's something I'm missing in helping her. In any case, we'll be sending a letter soon.

This morning, Eva went potty on her potty chair three times! I was very proud of her, she was determined to get herself some candy I think. In any case, I was letting her run around in her birthday suite after taking off her pajamas. Sometime later, I was laying on my belly on the bed when Eva decided she wanted a horsy back ride. So in the middle of giving my two year old a horsey back ride around the bed I realized that she was still wearing her birthday suite and the image of Lady Godiva popped in my head. So, I asked her if she was pretending to be Lady Godiva. To which she replied, "Yes. E'ah like being Lady Godi'a." I found that humorous but kept thinking, "Please, don't let your dad hear you say that."

No comments: