Back before Chrsitmas in 2004, when David and I first started the adoption process., I went to 1, and only 1, MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meeting. It was fun... they had a little presentation on using polymer clay to make ornaments that represent each of the bible stories. They suggested hanging them on a tree for the child and letting them pick an ornament each night leading up to Christmas, then telling them the story about it. I thought it was a great idea, and since I didn't have a child yet I had extra time. So, I made a whole bunch of little ornaments... I made a rainbow, an arc, loaf of bread with a fish, a baby in a basket, a sling shot, a laddar, the arc, a man in a great fish, the walls of Jerico, a house with blood over the door representing Passover, milk and honey, Wine and water, A burning bush, Samson and the pillars, .... I know I am forgetting some, but I am sure you get the picture. So, this year, after Thanksgiving, we bought Eva her own little Christmas tree. It lights up with fiber-optics... it's really cool actually. And it is on her little table where her chair is. She actually does enjoy picking the ornaments off the tree and hearing the stories... her favorite ornament thus far has been the burning bush.
So, now I've set the scene. This morning, Eva insisted on having cereal for breakfast. So I gave her a bowl and set it on her little table (the one with her tree on it) where she sits on her little chair to eat. She's eating, I was reading, when all of a sudden, she asks in a very annoyed voice, "Who is this man looking at me?" I look up to see her staring right at Samson who is at eye level on the tree. I told her it was Samson and that when he obeyed God, he was very strong. But, when he disobeyed he got weak. I told her about how God gives us our strength. She asked me a couple of questions and re-stated what I said. I was thinking, "Cool... she likes the story." Not even a minute after that thought, she was obviously agitated at seeing Samson at eye level and emphatically declares, "I no want to see him, put him by the bloody house." Apparantly her view of things is a little different than mine. I laughed so hard that I cried.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Apparently the bloody house isn't a big hit either.
kk
Post a Comment