Friday, December 07, 2007

Dr. of Chemistry

As those of you know who read this, I have a Doctorate Degree in Chemistry. Well, we've told Eva that her mommy is a Doctor...of chemistry, so that she doesn't confuse me with her medical doctor. At least, that's the plan. She will tell anyone who asks that her mommy is a Doctor of Chemistry and that I work in the lab at the college. In any case, we were over on a playdate the other day and the people we were visiting had a toy stethoscope. Eva was very excited to play with it... put it on her hears and came up to me to listen to my heart. She looked me straight in the eyes, and said "I listen to heart now. I Doctor of Chemistry."

She gets it...but not really. Other than that, she is her usually bossy self. This morning she found my red pen and papers that I was grading the night before. She told me, "You losing my pen, mommy. You need lose your own." (translation: losing = using).

No comments: