Friday, October 26, 2007

2 1/2

Today is Eva's half birthday, she is now 2 1/2 years old.

Eva is also, after 3 weeks, finally at the place where I can say she has adjusted to her new school and daycare. She misses Mrs. J and her children a lot though. I need to plan a play date. In any case, Eva is relaxed again and telling me she loves me again. For a while she was stressed about this change. Eva does not handle change well at all!

At 2 1/2 years old she is really starting the "I do it myself" phase of her development. She wants to do everything herself and if I do it for her throws a fit until she can do it herself. Then, because she can't really do it herself, throws a fit because of that and wants me to help her. Then, when I help her, throws a fit because she didn't do it herself. Then, when I let her, throws a fit because she can't really do it herself. So, I do it and she throws a fit, etc... This continues until I've had enough and tell her that she has to calm herself down and if she can't I'll put her on time out so that she can. At that point she makes the decision to either accept it not done or let me do it. Ah, the complexities of 2 1/2... {sigh}

No comments: