Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Snow

Eva told me yesterday morning that she wanted to call Baba at work. After finding the phone, I asked her what she wanted to talk to Baba about. She replied, "I want Baba make me snow." Apparently she thinks Baba can make it snow. I told her maybe she should talk to God about that request, not Baba. Eva is obsessed with wanting to make a snowman. She thinks all the Halloween images of ghosts are really snowmen and everytime she sees one it initiates her conversation in which she tells me all about how she is going to make a snowman.

Yesterday, also I signed the paperwork to move where Eva is at daycare. I am simultaneously excited and sad about the change. Mrs. J has done a great job with Eva and Eva really likes going to her daycare. She is moving because she has the opportunity to be in a pre-school class each morning. She is young to get that opportunity and I really like what she will be taught and the environment--it is at our church, where Eva feels very comfortable. In any case, I'm really nervous about the change. Eva does not do well with changes, surprises, new women, different people, etc. In any case, she is going to start at her new daycare on Oct 8th. I've been talking to her about the fact that she is going to go to school. She liked the idea, but told me that Mrs. J was suppose to go with her. Apparently Eva believes Mrs. J is part of her entourage and is suppose to follow after her for her whole life. I told her we would visit Mrs J and her kids often... they are our neighbors.

No comments: