Saturday, December 30, 2006

Treasure

Since we've been home with Eva for the past week, I have all these little stories that we find delightful, but really aren't all that interesting or amazing to the rest of the world. For example, the other night when David was putting Eva to bed he asked her a series of questions, "Do you want to go to bed?" She replied, "No." David asked her, "Are you tired?" She rubbed her eyes and said, "No." Then David asked her, "Are you being petulent?" She looked up at him and said, "Yes." Then on Wednesday, I asked Eva, "Has anyone told you that you're cute today?" She replied, "Yea." I asked, "Who told you that you're cute?" She responded "Granny did." It's true Granny did... I was just amazed at her conversation skill and how much of the world around her that she totally gets. She is constantly using new words (not just repeating ones she's just heard us use), and using them correctly. Just this week, Eva has started a new behavior. She walks into the kitchen, opens the refridgerator door and shouts "more!" Apparantly, this is how she has decided to inform us that she wants something she sees in there. She is very good at communicating what she wants.

Today I completed a mission of stealth... I finally got all of Eva's fingernails and toenails clipped without a single utterance of fuss. Yes, I did it while she took her nap. It worked really well.

Eva really is amazing and beautiful, and she just keeps getting cuter. I wonder if China knows that they allowed us to adopt and remove from their country a National Treasure?

No comments: