Wednesday, December 06, 2006

More about Eva... really is there anything else to talk about?!

This morning Eva woke up around 2:00 a.m.and joined David and I in the big bed. She wanted more nei-nei (milk) and after having some went back to sleep. Sometime ater 7:00 a.m. I woke up and just laid in bed watching her sleep... finally she opens her eyes and when she sees my face, hers lights up and she smiles at me, followed by the biggest hug. I am so completely in love with my little girl and am still a little in amazement that she feels the same for me. Today she pointed at me and said "mine... my mommy." I agreed with her.

Well, Eva is no longer afraid of her crib. No...now she cries when she can't get into it. It turns out that she views her crib as one big trampoline and can't wait to get in there and jump. Yes... it may shock you to know, we let her. We do draw the line with jumping on the couch... she might fall off and hurt herself. We enjoy the trampoline giggles too much to stop that particular enjoyment.

At church this weekend, Eva saw a big tote on one of the tables and wanted to know what was in it, so she reached up and pulled it down, in the process dumping legos all over the place. I saw it happen, and said, "Eva... what did you do?" I wasn't mad at her, but in response she gave me such a bewildered look and said, "sorry." Then, she helped me pick them all up. She must have learned "sorry" at daycare, but I thought it was precious. Really, she can say anything. I am in awe of her vocabulary.

Okay, I'm just in awe of my daughter. The reason I post on here about her is because I love telling stories and talking about her, but really don't want to become one of those mothers that irritate everyone with their non-stop children stories. This way I get it out of my system, and people who don't really want to know them don't have to read it.

In the meantime...
I think Eva is allergic to strawberries also... but not 100% sure of that one.
She has taken to wanting cookies all the time and gets so mad at me when I limit them... it doesn't bother me to have her mad at me, which I think frustrates her even more.
She is fascinated with trying on my and David's shoes, and if she can't get them to stay on her tiny feet, will put them on her arms and walk around the house that way.
Eva loves to play the 'blanket over the head' game and will dish out lots of kisses and nose rubs if you join her under the blanket.

So, in 5 days it will be the 6 month anniversary of our adoption day. It's been less than 6 months that Eva has lived with us, but to imagine life without her, it feels like I have to break off a piece of me. We are blessed.

No comments: