Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Random thoughts

The other day, I was sitting on the bottom step of our stairs talking on the phone. Eva came up behind me and sat on the next step up. She then gave me a hug, rubbed my arms like I do hers when I give her a massage, and then poked her head around my side and cheerfully chirped, "Hi." I had to pause in my conversation and just experience the unexpected emotions it created in me. I didn't realize how incredible it was to have my daughter spontaneously give me affection, or how amazing it is to realize that I matter more than anything to that little girl. That's my little girl who three months ago did not like to be touched or kissed. She initiates it now and I love it.

I did not know it was possible before Eva came into our lives for anyone on this planet to be as completely adorable and wonderful as my daughter is (just a little biased... I realize it, but refuse to apologize for it). She amazes me every single day. She definitely benefits from having a live-in Granny. She and Granny play pretend a lot. Eva enjoys it a lot. Granny tells Eva that her toes look wonderful, and Eva pretends to give her one to eat. Granny has taught Eva to knock on the door of her little people houses and then when you open them to say "Hi" and when you close them to say "Goodbye." Eva loves to knock on all the doors in the house now whether there is someone behind them or not. Granny makes Eva say "ah" before she will give her food, because Eva stuffs her cheeks and then gets so much food in her mouth she gags on it. Well, now, Eva goes up to Granny and demands Granny go "ah." When she does, she shoves something she has found somewhere into Grannies mouth. It is rather gross, but cute none-the-less. When Eva colors a picture, we put it in a binder of her artwork, encased in plastic sheet protectors. Eva loves to look at her art, and will make "oohing" and "ahing" sounds as she does it. Eva is her own best fan... okay she has to compete with the rest of us for that title. She is just imitating us, but it is very cute. By the way, the Arctic Cat Green crayon is her favorite... honestly, David didn't even train her to like it. She loves to pack things, she crawls under the chairs and tables, thinks it's a fun game to grab the remote and run as fast as her legs will carry her. Eva has learned how to drink out of a straw, she loves her sweaters and wants to wear them all the time even though sweat poors out of her head because she's too hot. She thinks she knows where things should be put and she loves food.

Eva is doing very well with daycare anymore... It is nothing like the beginning. Mrs. J told me the other day that Eva is the mother of her group. She will follow Mrs. J around the kitchen as she prepares lunch, she helps pick up things and put things away. The only thing I have to deal with now, is that this sadness that I sometimes feel because I am not spending every moment of every day with my sweet little girl.




No comments: