Since becoming a mother, I have a new job description. It turns out that I am a superhero. I love being a superhero... this is a job that is hands down my absolute favorite and is worth every bit of tiredness and self-lessness that comes standard with a job of this nature.
Eva has been cutting her bottom molars... she is a tooth manufacturing machine. Anyway, she's been fussing during the night so we've had her in bed with David and I. It is amazing, she will wake up moaning and obviously in pain, find me, lay her head down on my chest, let me rub her back and magically the pain is all gone. She goes right back to sleep. A healing touch is one of my superhero powers.
Eva has this fuzzy, pink, princess phone. Yes, it is nausiating. In any case, she likes it and likes to talk on it. This morning, I heard a sound come out of the body of my darling little girl that obviously signaled the end of the Earth. I turned to look at her and I see her stumbling towards me with her phone cord wrapped around her leg. The ability to fix every problem on earth, even catastrophic ones, is another of my superhero powers.
Another power I have is the ability to open every known substance on earth, even those which aren't intended to be opened. This power I find highly amusing.
I know that the day will come that I lose my superhero powers, and when that day comes, it will be a loss that I will mourn. In the meantime, I am going to fully enjoy my new job description.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment