Sunday, September 24, 2006

Eva and the cats

We have two indoor kitties, a little black one named Enoch and an orange and white fluffy cat named Ginger. Eva has a strange sort of sibling relationship with these animals. She has opinions on where they should sleep, what they should eat, what they should play with and who should pet them. With Enoch, she has a favorite game where she wakes him up to give him one of her toys to play with and then when he starts playing with it, taking it away from him. This is highly amusing, to Eva not Enoch. He is not allowed to sleep in his favorite places and I am not allowed to hold or pet him in Eva's presence. Also, he is suppose to be at her disposal for hugging, distraction and to finish off her sippy cups of milk. Seriously, how a cat is suppose to drink out of a sippy cup, I have no idea, but Eva believes he can. With Ginger, she gets highly frustrated that her fur comes out when she is petted. Also, Ginger hisses a lot, so my imitating daughter, Eva, hisses back. This offends Ginger who gets all high and mighty, to which Eva responds by hugging her. Ginger doesn't know what to make of her and has spent a lot of time outside this summer. I find it amusing, because I know that in Eva's mind only those cats are hers not ours. It is sweet though, she pets them and says, "nice." She says their names, as well as "kitty cat" and "meow." Those cats are a big part of her life and I have used them many times to distract her from crying... it never fails. I know there will come a day that I will see Enoch in a pink doll's dress and Ginger with a bow in her hair... if only they knew what was in store for them.

No comments: