Before I skip out of here for the weekend, I did want to post something that happened today before I forget about it.
Last night, Eva woke herself up coughing... she's teething and has an associated runny nose. When she lays on her back, it drips on her throat and she coughs. Well, my daughter gets very upset, irrationally upset, when she is woken up out of a sleep, even when she wakes herself up. Needless to say, she got very angry last night when after only an hour of sleep she woke herself up and then couldn't fall back to sleep. She was absolutely unconsolable. She didn't want held, she didn't want put down, she didn't want to be near me, she didn't want to be away from me, she didn't want to be distracted, she didn't want to not be distracted. Yeah, it's frustrating. Finally at 12:30 this morning, I got her calmed down enough to go back to sleep, and I got to bed. So, tired and rather crabby myself this morning, I get up to get ready for work. I've been taking baths with Eva's bath toys for several weeks now, so that Eva will watch and get used to the bath to get over her fear of water. Well, she now thinks she's suppose to come and play over the side of the tub when I take a bath, even though she has now gotten over that fear. This morning, she took it a step further and just suddenly got into the tub with me. It was absolutely darling and adorable and all my frustration was instantly washed away. I keep thinking that in 10 years from now she would be so mortified to actually get into the tub with her mom. Today she was delighted by splashing me and playing with my shampoo and by simply being next to her mama. I simply can't stay frustrated with her...
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Eva in spots!
Kristel, can you write me a small item to refute global warming based upon Bier's Law? I have some green weanies I need to knock out of their saddles.
Post a Comment