Friday, May 26, 2006

Travel Plans

I experienced my first ever conference call, yeah... I've finally moved into the 20th Century. I'm teasing, it was actually pretty cool. We met our China travel mates on the phone, as we conferenced with our adoption agency regarding our travel plans. I think my favorite piece of information was that the hotel we will be staying in has goldfish that can be seen under the sidewalk, which apparantly is a popular and delightful attraction for the little girls. I must admit, I'd like to see that too.

So... our travel agency is sending the tickets, the visa application is on the way, we should receive our official itinery early next week, and in two weeks we get on the plane. Today, Eva turns 13 months old. Just think, for her next monthly birthday, she'll be here in the U.S. annoying the cats and delighting David and I. It's very strange how two weeks can simultaneously seem like "this is taking forever" and "oh-my-gosh, that's so quick!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the most woderful news!! Peace be with you and make the most of the precious precious first days with your daughter.

Bec

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristel - I checked out your blog again today...and taking time to comment. This is a great way to share in your joyful journey. I'll pray all the parents with young children have 'right on the money' advice for you and David!!!

Love to ALL of your household,
Sandi B.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristel!!!!
I am finally writing you a comment! I love your site. Its so nice to be able to just quick check out what the latest news is and you are such an awesome writer! You make me so excited for you!!! Yes, I understand how 2 weeks can seem like sucha long long time but know in your mind that it really isn't. WOW!!!!!!
Mary S.