Monday, September 14, 2009

Pre-School

Eva went to her first day of pre-school today... complete with her little backpack, locker and mailbox with her name and picture on it. I asked her how she felt before I dropped her off and she said her stomach felt funny. I understood because mine felt kinda funny too. I think I was more nervous than she was. She didn't cry at all when I left, but had a kind of dazed look about her.

After the bus took her back to daycare (she was very excited about riding the bus), I called and talked to her. Our conversation went like this:
"How was pre-school today?"
"Good"
"What did you do?"
"Lots of things."
"Did you like it?"
"Yes."
"Did you like your teacher?"
"No."
"Wasn't your teacher nice to you?"
"No"
"Did you like your classmates?"
"I don't know."
That was it... all I know at this point. I think I need to work on her phone skills and answering questions with additional information that "just" what is asked.

No comments: