Eva got her glasses today. Sorry the photo isn't the best, I took it with my cell phone and apparantly need to clean the lense.
Baba and Eva got fitted for glasses while I was having a 1/2 inch piece of sewing needle taken out of my ankle. It took 2 doses of novacane, 3 X-rays, a 2 inch incision, and 45 minutes of digging to get it out. I got it when I was sitting crossed leg on the carpet in Granny's room. I ran my leg down, felt something sore and located part of a bent, old rusty needle. I thought I had gotten scratched by a broken needle, until half an hour later when my ankle was swollen and I couldn't move my foot without sharp pain shooting through it. I've been teasing Granny about blaming her, but really I don't. It is just one of those things.
Eva had her appt with the audiologist this week also. The Dr told her the same thing this time as last, there is something strange about her right ear. It doesn't respond to the frequency vibration test, but she appears to hear fine through it. We are supposed to go back in March, hopefully Eva will cooperate more and they can determine if she can hear over the entire range of frequencies. She does fine with the range of common speach. The audiologist said that it is rare, but some people simply have ear drums that don't respond with no hearing loss or issues. We'll stay tuned to find out more.
The audiologist told me that my hearing is normal, however, I have trouble distinguishing the background noise sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment