So, when I picked Eva up from daycare today, one of the workers told me how another little boy declared today that Eva and another girl are his girlfriends. I thought it was an amusing story, until I got Eva in the car and asked her how her day was. Her reply included the self-same boy who declared Eva was one of his girlfriends, "Roman put a baby in my tummy." I chose against the response that included screaching breaks, and asked her, "What kind of baby, dear?" I was relieved to find out it was a stuffed puppy dog that she carried around under her shirt for a portion of the day. It isn't that I really thought that she was saying what it sounded like she was saying, it's just that I didn't expect to hear my 3-year old girl say that... at all. And I had to post the story, because in a few years it will highly embarrass both of them, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity.
Eva also asked me today... "I want to feed a whale. Will you let me do that please, some time?" I told her the next time I had a whale at my disposal, she could feed it. I'd like to see that myself.
We had another conversation similar to one we've had before. It went like, "Roman say poop today. Jack say poop too. I didn't say poop, Jami didn't hear me say poop. Aiden told Jami that
Roman say poop, and Jack say poop, but I didn't tell her that they say poop." Can you guess what word it is that Eva isn't supposed to say, because it is a potty word? I wonder if there's possibly any more ways she can not say that particular word that she isn't supposed to say.
Tonight Eva was using Granny's printed paper towels as pretend maps. After the third map came out of Granny's room, and Eva was heading back for her fourth "map" Granny told Eva that if she wanted to continue using paper towels as maps she should go upstairs and get one of mommy's. Eva stopped, looked at Granny and declared, "Those not your paper towels, they belong to my mommy." And off she went to get another one of Granny's. Mom thought it was histerical to be "bested" by the three-year-old.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment