Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Beach!

We left Seattle yesterday morning and drove down into Oregon to visit family. My Aunt Sissy (Granny's sister) lives in the house that my grandparents lived in, and it was very surreal to see Eva playing in the rooms that I remember playing in as a small child. I think Eva enjoyed it, but as an enjoyable nuisance... what she really wanted was to go to the beach. She did like picking green apples off of the apple trees, and eating them.

We left for the beach earlier than we normally would have...Eva was very impatient.








David and I walked a mile and a half down the promenade to town with Eva. We bought some sand toys and tee-shirts, etc. We walked back along the beach front. David and I smiled the entire way back...Eva was a delight to watch splash in the water, skip, run in circles and giggle with pure abandon. It was pure enjoyment.







We have a full day planned for tomorrow also... I wonder if we'll be able to get Eva away from the beach when it's time to leave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks like she is having fun on the beach.
kk