Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beach fun


The weather has not been as hot the last couple of days here as it was the first. We haven't cared, and are enjoying ourselves anyway. Eva is a delight to take to the beach, although she does succumb to the temptation of walking on her daddy's sand castles. I must admit, I do understand the temptation.
We took Eva shopping. Seaside, as a tourist town, has lots of little fun shops. I don't care that it is touristy, it is still fun. Eva picked out this crab hat. Aunt Kathy and coiusin Amelia bought her the fleece jacket. It looks like her cousin Amelia's and that is very important to Eva. She really (that word is emphasised) likes her cousin Amelia and she also likes her cousin Kira.

We took Eva on the bumper cars...she rode with David. Our plan was to keep her out of the thick of things, but she ended up getting bumped really hard anyway and started crying. They had to stop the ride so that she could leave. I took her out and let David enjoy the rest of it. It is a fun bumper car ride, the cars respond well to the stirring wheel and go fast.

After crying at the bumper cars, we bought Eva candy... I realize it's a shameless tactic, but it worked anyway. She forgot all about not liking the bumper cars.



My little crab is raking the beach...


Again, Eva adores her cousin Amelia...




By the way, that water is very cold. We have to drag Eva back from the beach when she starts shivering too bad. She never wants to leave.



They've been having a gem and jewelry show going on in Seaside while we've been here. That was fun to see also. We toured the show while David did some wandering, we met up later at the local aquarium.


Eva actually threw some fish in for the seals also. David was proud of her because he heard some little boys nearby saying that they wouldn't feed the seals because they didn't want to touch the fish. Eva did it, but then she does think she's a little boy herself, so I don't know how much of a victory for womenkind that was.






We walked back the mile to our apartment along the beach. Again the weather changed and David found himself overdressed. We made the best of it anyway. Eva is carrying her pirate stuff. She wants very much to be a pirate. When she asked for a pirate hat, I told her that she already had the crab hat which is also a pirate hat. She thought that would be okay, so now we have "The Crabby Pirate" living with us.


After changing, we came back to the beach...




We went out for dinner, and Eva insisted on walking with her cousins, Amelia and Kira. She loves her cousins.

Eva is pretending that Amelia is a motorcycle...if you notice she is wearing her motorcycle gloves (that match Granny's wheelchare gloves).

After dinner, my cousins Matt and Ben and Aunt Marie set up a campfire at the beach. Eva fell asleep during dinner while I was holding her. Pretty soon I felt a hot liquid dripping down my belly and lap, down my legs and into my shoe. Lukily, Aunt Marie had a bath towel in her purse (strangely too I might add) and I pretended like I wasn't just peed on so that I could finish my dinner. However, it did wake Eva up and so she did get to eat some of her (my) dinner. Also, she was awake for the fire at the beach and got to eat some marshmallows that cousin Matt toasted for her.

Today we head back for Seattle and tomorrow we get on the train to come home. I am homesick and missing my friends, however, we are all very much enjoying this vacation. So, it is wtih mixed feelings that it is winding up.

No comments: