View from the window
Eva simultaneously jumping on the bed and talking to Ba Ba on the cell phone
Eva had a lot of fun in the hotel. After riding in the car for 10 hours she couldn't wait to tear things apart, jump, spin, dance and go wild. This is what the room looked like after 5 minutes, literally... 5 minutes.
Eva made Granny sock, shoe and pencil soup in the hotel ice bucket:
She only watches the first five minutes of a movie before having to stop and get a different one. Granny and I can tell you how they all start but we have no idea how they end.
After stretching, we decided to go and Eat at Country Kitchen because it is across the parking lot from the hotel. That was a mistake. First of all they seated us in the smoking section without asking us... we had them move us after our order was taken. Second, our waitress didn't even know if they served lemonade despite it shown multiple times on the menu. Then she forgot to bring our drinks... all I ordered was water. When I got it, it tasted like rubber hose. I ordered a steak stroganoff for dinner. What I got was baby food mushy noodles, covered with bottled brown gravy (no sour cream) and hockey puck chips of dry bland steak. I sent it back... Mom said it was too expensive to eat that yuck. Mom got greasy fish and something that was suppose to be tartar sauce, but wasn't. Eva got corn dogs that still had raw dough next to the hot dog. When I told the waitress that I wasn't going to eat my dinner because it was so bad, she told me that was how Country Kitchen told them to make it. I wonder if they also told them to overcharge the meal and serve rubber hose water. They probably think that we were the worst customers ever, but then, it is my reccomendation that no one eat at a Country Kitchen restaurant without a gun pointed to their head. Mom says that even then, "Don't order the stroganoff."
Before we insisted on moving out of the smoking section. Since they've made all smoking illegal in public places in MN, I have forgotten to even ask about it when going into a restaurant.
Eva said that this was Ba Ba's chair because she was missing him and wanted him to eat dinner with us. Personally, I think BaBa had the best meal... seriously.
Our trip is going well. The only thing I forgot was the charger for my phone--I thought I had it my bag, but didn't. I can still charge it in the car, but not in the house/hotel. So, if it's dead when you call, try back the next day (please).
To get ice at the hotel, we had to go all the way down the very long hallway and then down the stairs. Going down the stairs, Eva told me "Don't go so fast, Mommy. I want you keep me forever." I assured her I would. Then on our way back to the room she kept asking me which room was ours. After the 4th "No" she looks back at me and says, "Hurry mommy... we got to find Granny before it get dark."
1 comment:
Should send Chief Ramsey to that place he'd whip them into shape, I can just imagine what he would say "You can't even cook steak stroganoff, you bleeding retarded donkey"
Sorry the meal was a horrid I found that anyplace called "Country -------" is best to avoid them, tried to call. but you phone was out.
give Eva a Kiss and a squeeze for me
Love
Ba Ba
Post a Comment