Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Miscellaneous thoughts

I have been very busy getting ready for finals week (catching up on grading and calculating grades) so I haven't had time to post. A couple of updates... we're getting satellite internet at the house starting on Friday this week, so then I will be able to post from home. You'll probably see a lot more posting. It's hard finding the time when I'm at work. Right now I am giving a final.

Mother's day was great. I got to take a nap. I haven't taken a nap in 2 years. It was the best! David also made me some smoked beef ribs in his smoker and Eva wished me happy mother's day. She also told me that "You my best in whole world."

Yesterday, Eva asked me about babies growing in the mommy's tummy. One of the ladies who works at the daycare just had a beautiful little baby girl, and lots of the moms at our church have recently had babies. So, Eva has connected where babies come from, sort of. She asked me yesterday if I ever have baby growing in my tummy. I told her no, I never have. She then looked at me and said, "But, Eva grow in your tummy, mommy?" I told her that she grew in another ladies tummy but that she grew in my heart. Which is very true. But, I'm not sure how happy she was with the answer, because her next question was, "Which other lady?" I told her that she grew in her birth mommy's tummy. That was good for the time being. I completely did not expect this question so soon. I thought she'd be five or six...

So Eva has been extraordinarily funny lately. She seems to have increased the amount she talks again and has lots to say about everything. We call her baby Godiva whenever she runs around naked... this weekend she informed us that she is "Big kid Godiva" instead. She also refers to her oweys upon which she insists on attaching bandaids as her "alleged oweys." She got that one from Granny, her bandaid dealer.

Next time I'll include some more pictures that Eva has taken with her camera. I really love seeing the world from her perspective and especially the things that she thinks are important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. I was having a bad day yesterday and this update really brightened my day.
kk

ps I love thinking of mom as the bandaid dealer.