Thursday, November 08, 2007

Associating




Eva is beginning to really associate things she knows with things she doesn't know and trying to make sense of everything in her world. She has begun to make up terms for things and apply other terms to things she doesn't know to describe them. For example, in my last post about mom's thimble being a finger parka. Yesterday, Eva came to the college at the end of the day and we were in the bathroom. There are little circles, that poof out, on the water faucets that are half red and half blue to indicate the direction of hot and cold water. Eva insisted that there were volleyballs (Bollyballs) on the water faucets. At school they have red and blue volleyballs and she was associating.


I just find my daughter delightful. I tell her often that I trust the women who are watching her to take good care of her...to help her feel safe when in their care. This morning, she gave me a hug... looked me in the eyes and said, "I trust you mommy, take good care of me." Personally, that more than made up for the fact she had told me a minute earlier that "Your breath stinky."

No comments: