Thursday, April 05, 2007
Time Out for Enoch
I have mentioned before how Eva has become well acquainted with Time Out. The best thing about it is that it works... she has been put on time out for hitting, for biting, for not listening, and for throwing her toys and then whining about it. She has started to roll play time out. Yesterday morning she put her baby doll in time out for not listening. After she got her out she gave her a hug and kiss and said sorry for her. This morning it was the cat... our black cat, named Enoch (who Eva calls Knee-Knock). Eva was on the bed with me playing with her baby doll--she was trying to re-dress it after taking off its pajamas. Only she hasn't quite mastered that level of fine motor skills. Anyway, Eva was concentrating very hard when Enoch came up on the bed to join us. He wanted attention and we weren't giving him any, so he did what all cats do, started to play with the object we were giving attention--Eva's doll. Eva got very upset that Enoch was biting her baby. She told him "No, Knee-Knock, move." That didn't work, and she was increasingly agitated that he kept biting on her baby's foot. So, finally she exclaimed in a deep, stern voice, "Knee-Knock, Stop. Time out." Of course Enoch didn't stop, so we put him on time-out. I carried him out to the dining room and sat him on the chair that Eva has to sit on for time out. The funniest part to me is that he actually stayed. He sat there and enjoyed a bath until Eva and I came back and got him. I had a really hard time not laughing through the entire thing... you should have seen Eva strut down the hall after giving Enoch time out. Her belief that she is the complete boss of the cats in the house has just been cemented for all time. Maybe I should apologize to Enoch. I wonder if he'd like some wet cat food this morning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment