This weekend was great for just spending time with Eva. She amazes me every single day and well, I am a fan of my little girl.
My nephew sent us a flat version of himself "Flat Kenny" so that we could take it around the area and take pictures of him with differen things. We'll send it back to him with information and the teacher can use it to teach his/her students about the United States. In any case, it's very cold here and we live in a very isolated part of the country. We've been working hard to think of things to do with Flat Kenny. So, Saturday, we drove down to Itasca State Park and took a picture of Flat Kenny next to the headwaters of the Mississippi River. Eva went with us and was absolutely delighted with the adventure. Granny waited in the car, and when we got back to the car, Eva told Granny all about the trip. She told her about walking down to the water and looking at the water and mommy taking pictures. It was adorable how much fun she had at telling her story. We also took Flat Kenny to Bemidji and took a picture of him with the statue of Paul Bunyun and Babe the Blue Ox.
When we got back into the car, Eva saw that her window had turned foggy. She touched it with her finger and then informed Granny that it was smokey. We didn't even know that she knew that word. Mrs. J told me this morning that her son says it a lot. Nonetheless, we were all impressed at her vocabulary.
Yesterday, Eva found her basket of clean clothes. She held up one of her sweaters and told me it was cute ("Toot"). She also told Granny that her hair was cute after she combed it herself and she informed me that Ginger's cat brush was used to make Ginger cute. I made a fire in the fireplace also yesterday, and Eva made Granny come and look at what was "happening, Granny." I love that she can completely carry on a conversation and communicate with words what she is thinking. I had to correct Eva for something early in the day yesterday... and in the evening, she repeated her offense with BaBa. When he also corrected her, she said, "member Baba, Mommy no." She told him that she remembered, Mommy said it was a no no.
So, Eva has some kind of fascination with the remote, and to my delight, she thinks it belongs in my sole possession (not baba's). So, whenever she finds the remote, she refuses to give it to anyone but me, and I must be holding it at all times. In fact, yesterday, I was upstairs working on my computer when I hear a voice beside me saying, "mommy, mommy." I look to see my daugther handing me the remote. She found it downstairs and immediately proceeded upstairs so that she could give it to me. I don't know how I was suppose to change the channel through the floor and three rooms, but apparantly, that fact was not as important as the fact that it was in my possession.
In any case, I am impressed at how smart she is and how good she is at remembering vocabulary and communicating with us. Actually, she never stops talking at home. I can already foresee some huge phone bills in a few more years.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't diss the talking. It sounds like she is a born leader.
Love
Aunt Kathy
former young busy talker
Post a Comment