Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Boss Girl

Aunt Kathy's comment to the last post reminded me of another Eva story. This Sunday I worked in the Toddler Nursery during church and it gave me the opportunity to watch how Eva interacts with other children her age. I had 10 of them in there, and Eva bossed every one of them around. If anyone got into a scuffle, she immediately marched over to them, stroked their arm and said "nice." (We make her do that to the kitty cats when she plays too rough with them.) Then whenever someone climbed up the slide, she immediately marched over to it and patted the slide and told them "here." Apparantly she figured they wouldn't know how to go down the slide without her instruction. She told each one, at some point, that they needed to sit, "Nit down!" and where they needed to sit and for how long. In addition, she "knew" what toys each one of them wanted to play with and kept giving them the toy she thought they should have, and removing from them the toy she thought another child should play with. David was hopeful that we could teach her how to temper it... I really don't know, though... I've never been that successful at tempering my bossiness, nor did my Father ever learn that trick, nor my older sister, nor my younger sister, I can go on. Personally, I think she just fits right in the family.

No comments: