I posted this picture because she looks rather spoiled and hoity toity in it. Really, she's not that bad.
I love this particular look of Eva's. She does it often and only when she's happy.


So, Eva experienced her first day of daycare today... she was only there for an hour. But, I was nervous for her all day. I spent all morning telling her about it, and then when I left, I didn't prolong the goodbye--Just like I was told not to. As I shut the door, I heard her start to cry, I went and sat in my car and shook. But then, I drove away (it was not easy) and came back an hour later. She was fine. Well, she was crying but stopped immediately after I held her and 30 seconds later was completely recovered and acting like nothing ever happened. Mrs. J said that she cried pretty much the whole time she was there, but not constantly. She could get her to quiet down and get distracted, until she remembered where she was a few minutes later and started crying again. I thought that was an encouraging thing... I am confident that Eva will adjust to this daycare business. Probably better than I will. In any case, she had to be held for the whole hour and wouldn't eat anything, which frankly I expected that. So, tomorrow she will be there for 2 and a half hours. We're building into this thing slowly...



1 comment:
I'm so proud of you Krystal. I remember the first time I brought my kids to daycare Spencer was 5 MoMo was 3 and Riley was 18 mos. I think I cried harder than they did. I kept telling myself this to shall pass but it sure was tough on all of us.
I have no doubt see will be fine.
See you soon,
Markelle
Post a Comment