Friday, July 28, 2006

Time is flying...

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been over a week since I last posted. David says that Eva is a time suck, and I think he may have something there. It's very easy to just spend time with her.

Wednesday (last week), Eva took her first steps. Just a couple, and then later in the day she stood up and did a few shuffle steps. Then Tuesday (this week), Eva took about four steps. She still doesn't do it consciously and wants to crawl to get somewhere, but it has started.

We got the results back from her stool sample. She has some kind of bacterial infection. The Doctor said it comes from drinking tainted water, i.e. China. Symptoms are upset stomach, gas, etc. In any case, the Pharmacy couldn't get the prescription in all of Thief River. After three days, they asked the Doctor for a different one. It's a chew pill and must taste like candy because Eva said, "mmm, num" after taking one. Also, she slept the best last night after taking it that she has since we've been home.

Eva has learned more words. She can say, "more," and "ball" and she can whinny like a horse whenever she sees one in her picture book.

So, we have begun the process of daycare... something I have a lot of mixed feelings about. I really want to go back to work, but I also don't want to leave Eva. Since I can't have it both ways, we have found someone to provide daycare for her. Actually, it's my neighbor. She is a lisenced daycare provider, is also an adoptive mother and a wonderful woman, who we will call Mrs. J to protect her privacy. She was very encouraging about helping me with attachment and is willing to give Eva the time to come to her on her own. I was impressed and very relieved. I trust her to watch Eva and I think that she will enjoy going there... once we get her over her fear that she is being left again. Yesterday we had a play date with Mrs. J and her children. She has an adorable little boy who is about a year older than Eva and a cutie pie girl who is a year younger. Eva responded well to her son, but didn't want to let Mrs. J. touch her yet. We will have another play date next week, and work into this thing slowly. I am confident.

Also, yesterday, we did the paperwork to start an investment plan for Eva's college. We are going to need to put a lot more money into it than what we've started with in order to have enough to pay for her college in 18 years, but at least it is a start. David and I are happy with it.

I will try and post some pictures today... I've been having some troubles getting the pictures up. Until later...

No comments: