Monday, February 23, 2009
toasted jam sandwhich
About a week ago, Eva made her own toasted jam sandwhich. She drug her chair over to the counter where the bread is kept, climbed up and dug two pieces of bread out of the bag. Forgetting to re-close the bag, she then pulled her chair over to the toaster, climbed up and put her bread in the appropriate slots. Then taking delight in pushing down the toaster lever, she got down off her chair, went to the fridge and got out the jam. After nagging me to loosen the lid for her, she got a butter knife out of the drawer and went back to the toaster. When her bread came out, she spread jam over her bread, the counters, her fingers, and her mouth. I listen to her turn on the water at the kitchen sink and assume she is washing her hands. Finally, Eva proudly comes over to show me her sandwhich that she made "all my myself, mommy." I look down at her happily munching away at the soggiest, sorriest excuse for a sandwhich I've ever seen. I ask her, "Eva, why is your sandwhich all wet?" She tells me, "I washed it in the sink." I asked her why, to which she replied, "It was dirty...there was jam on side." My clever 3-year old figured out how to get her extra jam off the bread by washing her toast in running water. I was very proud of her. She actually did eat half of it also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm laughing until I'm crying. Way too funny!
Markelle
Post a Comment