I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. I don't think that's possible. I'm sure that I have been in a time warp bubble and it's really only been a couple of days...we'll go with that one.
Eva and I have been having a lot of fun spending time together this summer. Albeit, I no longer have a little girl, she is now a boy. She insists vehemently that she is a boy, will only wear boy clothes (unless I insist otherwise) and is nagging me to cut her hair like BaBa's. I guess that at school she even lines up with the boys when they tell the boys to...I am very much hoping she outgrows this soon. My best guess as to the reason for it is that there are mostly boys at daycare and she wants to fit in. Or, she wants to be like David or she's just decided she can do whatever she wants to, even declaring becoming a boy.
Eva did get her hair cut...it's a cute little bob. Since she doesn't let me comb it, I had to get it cut short. And after much insistance on her part that she and I needed to have the same hair color, I even died my hair black to make her happy. She absolutely loves it.
We had a good conversation a week ago about her birth family. She brought it up again. I enjoy talking to her about it, but my heart hurt when she asked me, regarding her birth mom, "Who is she?" and I had to tell her I didn't know. I wish I could answer all her questions for her. She asked me if I saw her birth mommy when I was in China. I told her that I have never seen her, but she has when she was very young. So then she asked me if she waved at her. I told her probably not, but that maybe she smiled at her. Eva decided that she did in fact wave at her and informed me so. I didn't argue.
Eva is constantly having "good ideas." Yesterday she told me that we should have two bath tubs right beside each other, then mommy could use one and take a bath at the same time that Eva was taking a bath. I told her that sounded like fun, and she replied, "Yes, it is a good idea." Eva happens to think all of her ideas are really good ones. She'll start a conversation with, "Mommy, I have a good idea..." and then out something comes. I absolutely love her good ideas, and tell her so for each and every one of them.
She's been going to vacation bible school from 10:00 - 12:30 every day this week. Last night she asked me a bunch of questions about God. I should have been expecting them. During the day yesterday, she told me she wanted to hear some Jesus music. So, I got out one of my cd's and she put it in. She liked it, but it wasn't really what she wanted to hear. So, at church last night, they had a program based on the vacation bible school. Eva refused to participate in the program because she wanted to be with me... she was very upset that I left her with the teachers prior to the program starting "Don't give me to someone else mommy!" and when they walked out, she spotted me and made a bee-line straight for me. So, she didn't participate. In any case, as soon as the music started, she looked at me and said, "This is the Jesus music I want." So, I was able to purchase a cd for her. When we got home she insisted on playing it. Instructed me and David on the proper way to jump and clap to it, and then started asking me some questions. One of the songs has the lyrics "There's power in the blood of Jesus." So, Eva asked me "Why there power in the mud?" I corrected her that it said "blood" and that Jesus gave his blood for us so that we might have life and that is the power of the blood. So she asked me "Why there power in Jesus' nose?" I asked her what she meant and she said "Jesus have a bloody nose and give it to us?" I realized the misunderstanding and told her that no, Jesus is God's son and He died for us so that we might live forever and that is how he shed his blood, not through a bloody nose. So she asked me, "Who is God?" I told her that God is the Creator and that He made everything and everyone. So she asked me "Does God have a bloody nose too?" I explained it to her again, and I thought she understood it, until she was on her way to bed and I heard her telling David that she gets bloody noses like Jesus. I'll try again another day.
In the meantime, we have experienced some firsts this past month that are worth mentioning. Eva got her own drink of water all by herself for the first time. She can unbuckle her car seat as well as buckle it and she took her very first bath by herself of her on volition (where she asked to take it.) She also had her 3 year well-ness check up (It's a little tardy) and she is 39 1/2 inches tall and weighed 35 lbs on that day. Some days she weighs 36 lbs. In any case, she is in the 90th percentile for caucasian kids on height and the 80th precentile for caucasian kids on weight.
We had our families with children from China meeting last weekend at the lake. That was a LOT of fun. Eva was very afraid of the water at first and didn't want to go deeper than her ankles. By the time we left, she was walking in water that went up to her chest and exclaiming that she was very brave. I thought so too. It was really a lot of fun to spend time in the water with her.
We're going to be leaving in a couple of weeks to Seattle for a vacation to visit Aunt Kathy. I am really looking forward to spending some time on the beach. We're taking the train and Eva is very much excited about that. I will post pictures of our trip. Also I'll try to remember to put up a picture of Eva's new hair cut. Until then, I'm very busy being a mom.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment