Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Eva Factor




















Last night Eva kept waking up so we brought her into bed with David and I. At 2:15 this morning, I heard a sweet little voice in my ear saying, "more, more nei-nei (Chinese for milk), Mama, more nei-nei." So I got up to get her nei-nei. I come back and she's cuddled up next to David saying, "Baba, nei-nei. More Baba." She abandoned David quickly when she saw I brought her milk... she had herself cuddled up next to me quicker than anything. Later in the morning, I was laying in bed waiting for Eva to wake up, but not really wanting to wake up myself. So, after she woke up, I kept my eyes shut and just listened to her. She sat herself next to me, patted me on my chest, decided I was still sleeping and took her blanket and covered me up with it. She's never done that before, and it was an absolutely amazing feeling to have my little girl "take care" of me. But, since I don't like blanket over my face, I got up anyway.

The cats, Ginger and Enoch, were feeling feisty this morning and were wrestling around on the living room floor. Eva thought it was fascinating. She immediately ran over to them, squatted down with her face literally three inches away from them and then couldn't understand it when they both stopped and looked at her like she was nuts. She spent a lot of time following them around the room trying to get in on the action, I think. Maybe she was just trying to referee.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You posted the pictures with that afghan just for me, didn't you?
Kathy

Kristel said...

I did think about you when I posted them. I'll bet you didn't think I still had that afghan.