Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Eva had a birthday party at daycare on Friday. I loved that she had it at daycare since all her friends are there, and because I didn't have to clean up my house for it. However, I did spend Thursday night at the church/daycare kitchen making her cake. Do you recognize who it is?

When I got home late on Thursday, Eva had been waiting up for me. So I told her what I was doing and showed her a picture of the cake I made for her. She looked at the picture, at me and back at the picture. With just a hint of confusion in her voice she asked me "You say you make me a carrot cake mommy?" I told her I did... Thomas was a carrot cake. Then in a voice akin to that which a teacher would use to explain the most simplest of concepts to a student told me, "No mommy. That not a carrot, that a train."

David and I bought Eva a camera (Fisher Price) for her birthday. We gave it to her on Friday morning so that she could take it to school and take pictures of her party.

These are some of the (better) pictures she took trying it out:

(Enoch has a nice leg, doesn't he?)



Here are some of the pictuers of her party that were taken on her camera. I don't think it's difficult to figure out which ones Eva took. I love seeing life from her perspective.




She got some birthday presents which she loved. Here she is showing off one of them. (View finder discs)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fun party.
Love the "carrot" cake. Nice job.
Hopefully the snow melts quickly
Love
Aunt Kathy