Daycare was closed on Monday, so I took a personal day and got to spend the entire day with Eva. We went down to Fargo and did some shopping and visited a friend. Eva is definitely a helper when shopping. She picks things up, examines them and then puts them back... everything mommy does, only she doesn't quite get them back the way they were when she picked them up. I was just impressed that she put it back... victory in the small things. We ate at a Chinese Buffet and she told everyone in the restaurant on the way back to our seats that she was "Hungee" and she was "Eating Dinner." After we ate, she told everyone on the way back to the front counter that we were "Paying now." I am sure everyone in the restaurant was anxious to know both of those facts. At the mall, there is a play area with foam dinasaurs in it... Eva enjoyed going down the foam slide a lot! We need to get her a slide.
Last night, when David and I went upstairs to cook dinner, Eva came up with us to help. After I cut up the fresh water chestnuts (by the way... fresh water chestnuts taste completely different than the canned ones, they taste a little like Jicama), Eva sampled them. After I cut up the snap peas, Eva sampled them. After I cut up the red bell pepper, Eva sampled it. After I cut up the green onions, Eva sampled them. She can reach up on the counter and help herself to the samples. I spent 10 minutes looking for the broccoli... Eva thought it would help to put the broccoli on the floor of the dinning room rather than on the counter. After I found it and cut it up, Eva sampled it too. She helped David measure out the rice, she even sampled a dry rice grain. Finally, after we finished dinner and went downstairs to the table down there so we could eat with Granny, Eva took a bite, looked over at me and said, "Dinner good, Mommy." She is definitely an active participant in this life.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment